Are algebra and trigonometry dead subjects that should be removed from high school curriculums?
Description: Algebra and Trigonometry with the advancement of more subjects and specialization in certain field has lost its importance. Is there a possibility that they have reached a level of extinction and
should be removed as whole or is there any hope of its survival in future.
Dissertation Topic Examples
Order Dissertation Topic and Outline
- Book: A Mathematician’s Lament, 2009
- Book: A History of School Mathematics, 2003
- Journal: In Accordance with a “More Majestic Order”: The New Math and the Nature of Mathematics at Midcentury, Isis, 2014
- Journal: A Multi-Institutional Study of High School Mathematics Curricula and College Mathematics Achievement and Course Taking, Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, 2013
- Journal: Standards-Based Mathematics Curricula and Secondary Students' Performance on Standardized Achievement Tests, Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, 2007